What makes people happy?
I found an article at http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/what-makes-people-happy.htm where Tom Scheve discusses happiness in great detail in his article What Makes People Happy?
“We all want happiness, but finding it isn’t the easiest venture. Many of us conceive of it as the end-product of material wealth, career goals and family harmony. With that in mind, we seek out the things we believe will deliver it: better cars, nicer houses and bigger paychecks. Others of us work to put together a large network of friends or find a spouse.”
Click link above to continue reading.
I agree with Tom’s perspective on the answer to the puzzling question of humanity. He said it like this:
“As far as perceptions concerning our wants and desires, there have been some interesting findings. Want more of what you already have? You’re going to be happier than the guy who wants less of what he has. If that’s a puzzler, this won’t be: People who don’t have much of what they want aren’t as happy as people who have lots of their desires met.”
From what I gather from 35 years of observing people is people want to have their desires met. This is what’s being pursued from happiness. Happiness, meant in the way it is often intended when spoken, is the exact opposite of what is desired by spirit when a person sets off on such journey.
True happiness is rooted in alignment with all there is. It is the essence of peace and gratitude that is experienced with a knowing that desires are met and will be met. Many of us have experienced this state of confidence in several areas of our lives. But, if there is an observed lack in any one area, the part of us that is nonphysical alerts through emotions a need for adjustment and balance.
Happiness as a being is experienced and expressed when confident knowing exists in the innermost dimension of being. It instantly takes place when you feel ALL IS WELL, when you exist without doubts and fears.
How does one reach a state of TRUE HAPPINESS?
Get to know yourself. Find out what your true likes and dislikes are. Focus away from what you believe you should like or what you pretend to like because it pleases another.
1. Dedicate a portion of your day and night towards intimately interacting with you with intentions to establish a loving and fulfilling relationship. Speak to you as you would if you were speaking to someone you’re really fond of and desire to get to know. It may feel a little awkward at first, but this feeling transforms into blissful happiness and comfort with experience.
2. It can be fun and insightful to write a letter to yourself. If you are wanting to have an enhanced experience, place it in an envelope and mail it to your address. It just might be the best letter you open on the day it arrives. In the letter describe who you are and what is important to you. I would send another letter, a love letter, expressing my love for myself and why I feel the way I do. Please share the experience if you decide to do this. Dreamchild78@gmail.com
3. Become more of an observer during your social interactions. How do your emotions differ as you interact with different people and types of personalities? Internally call attention to moments when you feel good and carefree. If necessary, deliberately create these moments based on what you enjoy experiencing.
4. Remind yourself that happiness is more than futile pursuit. It exists because you exist and it is available in abundance for ALL. You only need to choose it and acknowledge when it exists.
5. Be easy on yourself. Unmet goals and unfulfilled desires are common human experiences. They contain valuable information of self-belief relative to the environment around you. Life is constantly in motion and every moment holds within it the opportunity for inner peace. Peace emanates from knowing you CAN reach your goals and experience desires. You only need to believe the truth of who you are. If you don’t know that version of you, gently enjoy the experience of becoming acquainted.
I’m imagining true happiness giving vibrant inspiring color to your world. Enjoy the beauty of life reflecting you. Give close attention to desired experiences and allow undesired ones to fade into yesterday.